First time here?

If this is your first time here... I would encourage you to read my first couple blogs (an intro) first. Then, maybe the others will make sense... or maybe they won't. The first one is February 19, 2011.

Keep in mind the old phrase... "The reason angels fly is that they take themselves lightly." ;8^)

p.s. Thanks for checking my blog out. If you're mildly curious about what I will post next... sign up as a follower.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

My First Blog... an intro!

Most of what I share… will be thoughts gleaned from time spent listening to the still small voice within.  Right away, you might envision me as sitting in a yoga pose, incense burning, and a CD of flute and harp music playing peacefully in the background. 

 Please keep that picture in your head.  It would be cool to have people think of me that way! However, for the most part it is not at times like this that I hear the still small voice.  Sorry, if I have burst your bubble. Well, maybe not so sorry… I just thought it would be the polite thing to say.

What is the still small voice and when do I hear it?  First I would say it is more like a flow of conscious thought (as opposed to unconscious?).  You may have noticed I didn’t use the phrase “uninterrupted conscious thought”.  That is because I don’t experience the “peace and quiet” (and some boredom) of a single life with hours of uninterrupted quiet time.  Nor do I spend hours each day immersing myself in deep spiritual / philosophical reading and thought.  I will admit admiring those who can and do but I experience no such luxury. 

Okay, so if you are looking for your next guru or teacher, sorry (this time I mean it… at least a bit more).  However if you want to read about someone who takes frequent dips into spiritual thought and actually remembers to write some of it down… then I’m your person.  I’m hoping that you will come away saying if he can do it then obviously I can too!

Sometimes my thoughts will resonate with you… and at other times not so much.  These are the times when you need to go and listen to your own “still small voice”.  When you do, please write them down… this increases the clarity, and share them with at least one other.  That way at your memorial service there will be at least one person who will stand up and share that you were a deep thinker.  Hey, I’m willing to get my compliments any way I can!  Plus if I need some sort of a resume to get into the pearly gates, these testimonies will make nice backup material.

So what is the source of this conscious flow of thoughts, well it could be channeling (for me it would have to be the English Channel), it could be tapping into the ocean of universal wisdom, it could be listening to your spiritual guides, it could be listening to your higher self.  In the end, the source doesn’t matter so much.  Just as when you need a glass of water… you need a glass of water… you don’t care so much where it came from as long as it is clean, clear and refreshing.  If it isn’t, it won’t take long for you to figure it out… nor will it be very satisfying.

Now I will become a bit more serious for the moment because the next few thoughts that follow seem to be important to me.

1)    You will probably be surprised at the thoughts that come to you.  You may start you writing thinking that you already know what you are going to put onto paper (or into the document). As you write you may find new thoughts making their way in.  Or you will think of things you want to share and are looking for the right words.  They will be there.
2)   It is important to write.  Writing is like taking a picture.  It helps you focus, plus when you go back and re-read it you will discover new insights, just like looking at a picture again you will see new details.  If you write it down, the thoughts won’t fade.
3)   If what I write doesn’t fit for you… that’s fine.  In fact that may be the inspiration for you to write your own thoughts.  They will be more meaningful to you than mine could ever be.

I have been lucky enough to have saved a few writings over the years.  I will share them.  And I will see where this blogging experience takes me.  You are part of my journey so don’t hesitate to share your thoughts.

I would like to leave you with a special prayer from Unity:

The prayer of protection
The light of God surrounds me
The love of God enfolds me
The power of God protects me
The presence of God watches over me
Where ever I am… God is

No comments:

Post a Comment