First time here?

If this is your first time here... I would encourage you to read my first couple blogs (an intro) first. Then, maybe the others will make sense... or maybe they won't. The first one is February 19, 2011.

Keep in mind the old phrase... "The reason angels fly is that they take themselves lightly." ;8^)

p.s. Thanks for checking my blog out. If you're mildly curious about what I will post next... sign up as a follower.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

K Falls and back...

January 20, 2011

The question for today is “What wuz I doing?”  It’s been weeks since I’ve posted.  So why the delay and does anybody really care? J

I delayed because on one hand my writings seem to have a presumptive quality or at least I was concerned that they did.  So does it really matter?  Depends on why I’m writing or who I’m writing for.  A good friend says I should only be writing for myself.  If others choose to read what I write that’s their choice and so is their response.

I will confess that in fact I want to write to get these ideas and thoughts down.  I want to say something and I want to share it I’m not likely to walk up to someone and say to them do you want to hear my perceptions about life?  I would generally hope they would say no.  However should my children (or good friends which begs the question are there such things as bad friends?) ever run across these writings they would know the wheels did turn on occasion and my thoughts weren’t totally absorbed by databases and dancing. J

Now that I’ve gotten that off my chest I must say that this trip to Klamath Falls was most unusual.  I travelled there yesterday afternoon and returned today.  So I stayed the night at a neat little downtown motel, the Maverick Motel owned by an immigrant family (I’m guessing Indian).  They actually leave a basket of water and somewhat healthy snacks in the room not for you to purchase, rather as a thank you for staying there.  Considering their room is around $20 cheaper than comparable rooms, I’m amazed.  Anyway so I asked them for their password and user code to log on to their internet  It was “Jesus Christ”.  I was amazed and delighted at their boldness in proclaiming their faith!

So last night I watched another “Food Revolution” episode.  This season is in LA.  Wow, I was simply amazed at how much controversy and conflict simply trying to promote a healthier school lunch menu can generate.  Of course I had to watch the results for DWTS.

I was in K Falls to work with a new client (agency).  Getting up this morning, I really lacked any enthusiasm or motivation.  Fortunately the Daily Reading for Unity was perfect for today and did shift my frame of mind.  Then when I got there the enthusiastic response was almost enough to bring on tears.  They really really see the value of my efforts to create a Billing – Scheduling – Treatment database for Addiction Treatment and Mental Health agencies.  In fact one of them is offering to help me promote it to other agencies.  Wow!

The drive up yesterday was sunny and bright I had to stop to take pictures with my smart phone the scenery was just too breathtaking.  Today the drive home was cloudy and drizzly but my mood was great!

Oh another slightly odd thing.  A couple years ago when I drove to Salem I would always see a sign at exit 243 that said “Trust Jesus”.  I don’t consider myself a religious nut (I will admit that as a kid I probably was one blasting country gospel records from my second story window into the street.  I would set my mom’s 45 rpm record player in the window sill and play hymns by Jim Reeves, Tennessee Ernie Ford and others just hoping that the songs would touch the passer-by.).  After several months the sign disappeared.  I wondered what happened to it.  Well a few months later as I was driving past Woodburn on I-5 I happened to notice the sign again.   Well today I saw it as I was leaving K Falls.  Yes, there are all sorts of logical rational explanations.  But I prefer the mystery of it all.

Now what was really great (as if that wasn’t exciting enough) I listened to a RadioLab program on Symmetry.   It was absolutely fascinating!  It consisted of three segments.  One is on what happens when you find someone you really “click” with.  Another is on reflections the affects of changing how you part your hair and the fact that all protein turns to the left! The last one was on the theory (I almost said fact but it’s only a theory that it’s a fact) that matter is the result of light that has been super pumped with energy.  As matter is created so is anti-matter.  Now if the balance between matter and anti-matter was 100% even (perfect) there would be no matter because matter and anti-matter are attracted to each other but the meeting of the two dissolves back into light so then there would be no matter.  But, because 1 times out of a billion there is no match for matter. Matter continues to exist which is why we and the universe exist.  In the beginning there was light Now it all makes a bit more sense (or not).

So when I got home, I immediately went in and parted my hair on the other side.  I asked Alene to tell me what was different but she’s not quite sure (but she was close) I’ll do this for a few more days / weeks to see if I really to look less geeky more handsome.

That’s it for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment